Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daring Bakers April challenge is...


CHEESECAKE!

The April 2009 challenge is hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She has chosen Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.

We got to use the basic recipe linked above, and we could flavor it anyway we wanted. Really lots of wonderful experimentation this month. Even if you don't normally browse other DBer's sites, you ought to this time. Especially check out this one. Really, click the link if you want to see which kind of cheesecake I'm making next. ?*&
!# Brilliant!!

I did not do anything so notable, but it was just fine. I added a little pomegranate to the batter; otherwise the filling was as written in the recipe. I made them in miniature in the cutest removable bottom pan. The crust is crushed frosted oatmeal cookies mixed with cinnamon and butter, and is really delicious. It's kind of chewy and sweet but not too sweet. The cheesecake batter is tasty, nice and creamy. I tend to like my cheesecake a little on the dry side, but this was very good for a creamy/wet one. The tart contrast of the kiwi was quite nice and sort of pretty.

Everyone in the foodie blogosphere seems to be ga ga for little spoons, figured I might as well jump on the band wagon.

-Janet

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Those are so adorable!

I have so wanted to get one of those pans, I'm an impulsive kitchen thingys, tools, gadgets, books etc buyer, I'm trying to control my urges...you're not making it easy :(

Sara said...

SO CUTE! I love the kiwi slices on top of the mini cheesecakes. Yum...it looks really delicious! Gorgeous photos. :)

Elissa said...

This is adorable! I love the presentation with the slice of kiwi... this would be great at parties or with large crowds. They look delicious!

Unknown said...

These are so precious! I love the kiwi!

Stephany Benbow said...

I love the little kiwi slice, so cute!

Angela @ A Spoonful of Sugar said...

They're really cute, Janet. I love the blush pink of the cheesecake from the pomegranate, which I would never have thought to put in a cheesecake!!

raquel said...

awesome! love the kiwi topping...!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cinnamon-oatmeal cookie crust, bit of pomegranate, and the kiwi topper is perfect. I could pop those in my mouth, one after another, ignoring the expansion of my butt. Nice job :)

Unknown said...

The kiwi slice sized cheesecakes are just perfect. Thanks for being a part of the April Daring Baker's Challenge!

Jenny of JennyBakes